School Food Summit: Celebrating Our Children, Food and Future
Cafeteria, Community and Classroom
February 15th, 2013
Rondout Valley High School
122 Kyserike Road, Stone Ridge, NY 12484
Join national experts, parents, students and community members to identify ways to serve more fresh, locally grown food in school meals, and begin to make it happen.
1:30 – 4:30pm
Kitchen Camp (FOOD SERVICE ONLY)
with Chefs Consortium, Chef Tim Cipriano, Julie Holbrook
Local Food Fair:
samplings from Kitchen Camp and tables with farmers, students and organizations
Songs of Farms and Food
Creek Iverson and Lisa Mitten
Local Food Goes to School Panel Discussion
– Key Note Chef Ann Cooper – “Renegade Lunch Lady”
– Chef Tim Cipriano, No Kid Hungry – Share Our Strength
– Farmer Bruce Davenport, President of the RVGA
– Todd Fowler, National Farm to School movement
– Julie Holdbrook, Dir. of Food Services, Keene Central School
– Janet Poppendieck, Free for All: Fixing School Food in America
– Chris Van Damm, Dir. of Food Service, Rondout Valley Schools
On Feb 15th, 2013 there will be a “School Food Summit” at Rondout Valley High School to bring national experts, parents, students, and community members together to identify ways to increase the use of fresh, locally-grown food in the school meals. Speakers will include greats like : Ann Cooper the “Renegade Lunch Lady,” Tim Cipriano the “Local Food Dude,” Todd Fowler of the National Farm to School network, Janet Poppendieck, author of Free For All, Julie Holbrook from Keene Valley Central Schools as well as representatives of Slow Food, Rondout Valley Growers and more! All are welcome. Together we are making the difference in where our food comes from and what we eat.
All are welcome. Together we are making the difference in where our food comes from and what we eat. http://thefarmhour.wordpress.com/
How you can help us make the School Food Summit 2013 a great success:
– volunteer your time now or at Summit;
– set up an info table for your farm or your organization at the Local Food Fair;
– farmers & growers, bring samples for RVGA table;
– help us get the word out (post this on your website and Facebook); and
– COME OUT with family and friends on Feb. 15th to the Summit!
To get involved with this effort, please contact Nicci at email@example.com , 687-4124.
Sponsors: Marbletown PTA, Rondout Valley Growers, From the Ground Up, Slow Food Hudson Valley, UlsterCorps, Chefs Consortium
Support provided in part by Community Foundation of Ulster County, Malcolm Gordon Charitable Fund, The New World Foundation, and RVGA
Illustration/logo contributed by Christoph Hitz, design by Corn Cow, Inc.