UlsterCorps Winter Wish List Drive 2017
From November 24th through December 21st, 2017, UlsterCorps will be compiling a list of Holiday Wish List items requested by local service agencies. Items listed below should be dropped off with the specific agency that requested them. For more information or to add your agency to the list, please contact UlsterCorps at 481-0331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Toys for Tots
It might seem like just another toy, to you. But for a child in need, a brand-new toy can deliver a message of hope that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, and patriotic citizens. The mission of the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during November and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted.
Caring Hands Soup Kitchen
Clinton Avenue United Methodist Church, 122 Clinton Ave. Kingston, 331-7188
NEW Unwrapped Christmas gifts for children and adults:
Games Personal Care Items
Volunteers to help with wrapping
Family Domestic Violence Services & Family’s Crisis Support Programs
The holidays are quickly approaching and Family Domestic Violence Services & Family’s Crisis Support Programs are preparing for our holiday gift drive. The financial pressures of the holiday season can be a struggle for many, but for a family escaping domestic violence it can seem insurmountable. An individual or family taking that brave step to leave an abusive home should be able to experience a comfortable holiday season and begin a new year in a home free from violence.
Our clients who face homelessness, disabilities, and mental illness often do not have the resources to provide a warm and fulfilling holiday for their family. Our programs strive to provide gifts to all of our clients in need.
To help us fill this need we are seeking area businesses or organizations that would be willing to be a drop off location for gifts. We would provide a container and sign and list your business on our holiday drive materials. If you are interested in hosting a gift collection container at your business please email us at email@example.com or call (845) 331-7080. Thank you for your consideration and seasons greetings.
Here is a general list of items (new and unwrapped) needed:
Holiday Gift Wish List (new and unwrapped):
– Infant toys- Teething toys, Rattles, Learning Toys, Board Books, etc…
– Toddler Toys – Mega Blocks, Duplos, Fisher Price Little People Toys, Learning Toys,
– Wooden Puzzles, Ride on Toys
– Dolls- Baby Dolls (all races), baby doll accessories (strollers, high chairs, etc…),
– Barbies, Disney Princess Dolls, Any popular figure dolls (Monster High, Ever After, etc), LOL dolls, Journey Girls/ Our Generation Dolls
– Super Heros- Action figures, dress up, books, games, etc…
– Cars, Trucks, Trains – All sizes for all ages
– Board Games & Puzzles
– DVDs & Video Games – anything new and child appropriate (non violent)
– Arts & Crafts- Art Sets, Coloring Books, Art Supplies, Play doh, Slime making kits or supplies, Craft Sets, Beads, Jewelry kits, etc…
– Character Toys- Popular Character Toys: My Little Pony, Shopkins, Paw Patrol, Trolls, Pokemon, Ninja Turtles, Elena of Avalor, Disney’s Moana, Minnie Mouse, Power Puff Girls, Coco, Star Wars
– Legos & Building kits
– Dress Up
– Clothes, Pajamas, Slippers, Socks, Hats, Gloves, Scarves, Snow Pants, Snow Boots-
– New all sizes infant – 18 for boys and girls
Gifts for Adults
– Clothes- New winter clothing all sizes, snow boots, slippers, pajamas, robes, hats, gloves, scarves, socks, underwear
– Makeup sets, nail sets, bath sets, lotions, jewelry, purses, wallets, hair accessories, journals
– Gift Cards
– Though they may not be as fun to shop for, gift cards make a perfect gift for teens and people who are just moving into a new apartment!
– Store cards, Visa cards, Gas Cards, grocery store cards are all great!
Thank you for your generosity and happy holidays!
Families can register to receive holiday help by stopping by your local FAMILY Walk in Center:
FAMILY of Ellenville – 221 Canal Street, Ellenville – 647-2443
FAMILY of New Paltz – 51 North Chestnut Street – New Paltz – 255-8801
FAMILY of Woodstock – 16 Rock City Road – Woodstock – 679-2485
FAMILY of Kingston – 39 John Street – Kingston – 331-7080
Volunteers are also needed to assist with the gift drive distributions. If you can help out for a few hours December 18-22nd, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 331-7080×157.
People’s Place Holiday Toy Program
People’s Place runs a holiday toy program in mid December where we allow low income Kingston area parents, to shop for free toys for their children, in our thrift store. In this way, the holiday gifts come from the parents, hopefully empowering the parents. We will be looking for help to set up the toys in Mid December and for volunteers to work as personal shopping assistants.
People’s Place 773 Broadway, Kingston 338-4030
Ulster County Community Action
will be having Christmas sign-ups December 5th – 8th . (NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
Documentation at time of sign-up: Last 4 weeks income, ID for ALL household members, Birth Certificates for children Birth – 12 years.
Ulster County Community Action – 70 Lindsley Ave – Kingston, NY 12401
(845)338-8750 Ext 105
UCSPCA Wish List
Canned Cat and Kitten food (9Lives, Friskies, Fancy Feast)
Dry Cat Food (Science Diet, 9Lives, Friskies, Purina Cat Chow)
Kitty Litter (non-clumping)
Cat Scratching Posts
Canned Dog and puppy food (Alpo, Purina, Iams, Wellness, Pedigree)
Antibacterial Dish Detergent
AND PAPER TOWELS ANDMORE PAPER TOWELS
Gift Cards to Walmart, Sam’s Club, Petsmart
20 Wiedy Road, Kingston, NY 12401 845-331-5377
Online registration is not available for this event.